Copyright @ Pg18plus. Powered by Blogger.

Indian Man Builds a Mini Taj Mahal Memorial for His Late Wife

Tuesday 16 July 2013


True love, as they say, never dies. Even if your partner has already left this world, your love for him or her can still make you do things you never thought you could do.

And that’s exactly what Faizul Hasan Kadari’s love for his wife did to him.
After his wife passed away in December 2011, this 77-year-old retired postman decided to create a replica of the great Taj Mahal in honor of his beloved wife. Yes, the Taj Mahal –- and not just a small sandcastle-like replica, but a life-sized structure for that matter.

Months after starting the project, the structure now stands on a piece of land measuring 5,000 sq. feet, in Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh, India. Standing at 561 feet high, this magnificent replica already cost Mr. Kadari almost US$37,200, with plans on spending more.

“I used to think that Shah Jahan insulted the common man by building a magnificent monument to love. But after the death of my wife in December 2011, I realized that it had more about the intensity of love than the money,” he said. “Since we were issueless and I had no other liabilities, I started construction of my own Taj Mahal on a piece of land [that] was not useful for agricultural purposes.”

When his time finally comes, he wishes to be buried inside his masterpiece — beside his wife.

“I have written in my will that my graveyard should be besides her.”

Now that is true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sidebar One